Thursday, April 3, 2014

Shir Hadash Memorial Garden

 

 Shir Hadash Memorial Garden
 
A small of people from our weekly meditation group walked to the Shir Hadash Memorial Garden. The weather was perfect as we took a gentle stroll from the main Sanctuary building.  When I saw the names of my parents and in-laws on the wall I felt very close and loving toward them.

We read a blessing over food and ate morsels of food as we practiced mindful eating.  We sat in silence for a little while and walked back to the Sanctuary where we did more mindful meditation.  This seemed like a good way to quiet our minds on a Wednesday morning.

I appreciate those who had the foresight and care to create this space.  I came here with my Mother to show her my Father's name, then I came with my brother to show both parents' names.  I also brought my brother-in-law to show the names of his parents.  This quiet garden is very peaceful and calming to me. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment